As winter works at the park continue, it has been announced that the ever popular Reel has reached the end of its run and crews have begun its demolition. A park spokesman referred to the ride as “loyal but cantankerous”.

The ride with its spinning cars has been a fixture of the park’s north entrance since its introduction in 1922, based on a patent by Henry Elmer Riehl dated 1907.

Also retiring is Frank Wright, the longtime park manager who has been responsible for the construction of many rides including the Wild Mouse and Derby Racer.