This ride is defunct.

The park’s ‘Guide to the Rides’ published in 1997 suggests that this ride was purchased by the park’s founder William George Bean on a visit to Coney Island, before opening at the park in 1919. It also states that it opened at the park the same year. Featuring 24 horses and 3 carriages, the ride was a classic carousel on a smaller scale than Golden Gallopers and the even larger Derby Racer.

The carousel was refurbished for the 1990 season and operated beneath the Avalanche lift hill. It was later relocated to Pleasureland, Southport where it operated as ‘Grandad’s Carousel’ until the park’s closure in 2006.

  1. Home
  2. |
  3. Rides
  4. |
  5. Former
  6. |
  7. Magic Carousel