Name Griffin’s Magic Dragons Former Name Fairy Whip Opened 1927 Closed 2008 Designer William F. Mangels Model Kiddie Whip
The Fairy Whip, as it was originally known, was introduced as part of the new ‘Bingle & Bob’s Kiddies’ Amusement Park of 1927 alongside several other kiddie devices, including the Brownie Coaster.
The device was a junior version of the Whip that opened in 1920 and likewise featured cars that travelled on an oblong course between two large wheels at either end, when the cars reached either of the wheels they ‘whipped’ around them, skidding out.
As Joseph Emberton was creating the new Kiddie’s Park on the opposite side of Watson Road around 1934, the device was moved to its new location where it would operate unti 2008.